Friday, February 27, 2015

"Rehearsals" - Silas Scarborough - Full-length DVD on YouTube

"Rehearsals" is a series of music videos shot in the Snakepit in Cincinnati before the concert at the 20th Century in 2009.  Full-length is a stretch as the run-time is forty-five minutes or so.  Even so, there are some dodgy bits in-between some of the songs to thread it together.  This video, I believe, completes the deal with Yevette as this is the full content of the "Rehearsals" DVD.




The song list:

Empire - Some friends fancied this some years back and I've played it off and on ever since

Everybody Knows - cover of Leonard Cohen's original but heavily-electrified

Necromancer - playing ridiculously fast

I Love Rats - the guitar breaks on the very last chord (it was a quick fix after)

On the Road with a Mouse and a Chicken - w/lasers on me fingers

Tidal Wave - combination machinima / Snakepit video

Note:  some of the songs have not been released as individual videos


Dedicated to my sister, Aileen.  The Snakepit was in her house and she was not any kind of a fan of my music but she put up with it and a lot of it happened here.


This is the first thing delivered from the iMac and that's a few hours after it first came up.  The performance is most impressive and I really look forward to making some interesting stuff.  Hopefully you will enjoy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Alan. Thoroughly enjoyed Rehearsals. Though I've not heard the songs before, and sadly missed the show in Oakley, they brought forth a lot of good memories.

Keep it cranked up!!

ronald

Unknown said...

So wonderful to hear from you. I remember your tastes being distinctly Weather Report-ish so it's cool that you would hear this stuff at all. I don't know if you or the Lop had the most eclectic tastes and I wish now I had absorbed more of it at the time. That's not a crying regret, it just would have been good as I imagine there could have been fascinating discussions. I also remember when we rolled a joint in a newspaper so it's mixed!

I hope everyone does well and the cold can soon be returned to the North where it belongs.