Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Need a Scooter for the 'puter

There is no count of the number of telephone calls and emails between Texas and Oregon but there were many and all because I did not know the age of one sister-in-law.  Does anyone seriously know this information.  I know some people are really excellent at it and they remember everybody they ever met along with all the details.  I ain't one of them, however.

Only Vonnegut could best appreciate this moment.  Somehow this relates to getting the Tralfamadorians back home ... but I don't know how that works either.

There will be one more trip to the bank on the other planet this afternoon and hopefully everything things will return to a glorious shade of virtuality this afternoon.

As to any shade of grey, I don't care ... I just don't want to watch.

What's real and what's not are exquisitely hard to discern but there's progressively less reason to do it.  Musically I know what I'm doing, where I'm going, why I'm doing it and I could I write an article for the New York Times ... but I wouldn't want to read it.  Everything else is highly confusing but that aspect is clear.  It's a bit like the act of walking on stage as it's only a few feet away but everything changes.


Where I screwed up massively and it gnaws was in mentioning in any way who gave the most as the immediate implication is who didn't and that's extremely wrong.  The way things have gone is that it has hopscotched about with almost complete unpredictability.  I hate it that I have become high maintenance and the only way I know to show appreciation is to do the things I have been talking about doing.  I'm deeply apologetic about the craziness but I'm also concerned that analyzing it sets it all off again.

The computer will permit delivering what I said as perhaps Yosemite got just enough bigger than the previous OS X Mavericks that 4 GB isn't enough RAM anymore.  The machine hasn't collapsed but it's become so damn slow as to be close to impossible for anything significant to me (e.g. cranking nutcase videos).  There's a damn spinning ball coming up constantly even jumping between applications.  The time to upgrade is long past.  That anything can be done about it is still a dazzling surprise.

Hopefully this is closed in a couple of hours and the computer should roll out immediately thereafter.  Dayum.

No comments: