Saturday, February 21, 2015

Maybe Time to Save the Aircraft

Fundamental Top Gun rule:  Best to break away and save the aircraft than push a bad position.

Three deep sea dives have taken place into the gory gizzards of this laptop.  They were successful in that I accomplished what I wanted:  the optical drive doesn't spin up and I got WiFi / Bluetooth back.

But now I'm frosted because I couldn't get the damn thing out and it's a testosterone thang.  It's also a financial thang as I've got $21 in Torx drivers that accomplished nothing.

So.

I must be victorious.  I must be champion.  I'm the fucking King!  (That last one is the name of a Paris Obscur song.  The cat doesn't screw around)

But

nothing will come from the physical removal of the optical drive other than the sense of satisfaction in accomplishing it.  After working with computers for over thirty years, there is one thing I know absolutely:  there is no sense of satisfaction with computers that lasts more than a few seconds ... unless you get money for it.  If you don't then you wasted your time.

Walk away, walk away.

The End of the Optical Drive Saga.  Ha!

No comments: