Thursday, February 12, 2015

Present Situation with the Computer

They could not get the DVD out of the computer but I'm scheduled to bring it back on Saturday morning and I will leave it with them.  I did get it to boot before I took it over there and removing the DVD will help a little bit but it can't possibly make the difference I need.  It just sucks when stuff doesn't work so at least it will be good to fix or remove the optical drive.  (Optical drives are obsolete.  I'm fine with it if they just terminate the connectors and chuck the broken drive, whatever is cheapest.)

Anyone who has worked with Apples for any significant time knows their CD / DVD drives have never worked.  That's the only thing Apple never got right and you bet they will be pleased never to have to screw around with another one.  Newer Macs do not even support an internal optical drive.

Note:  this has significance for music.  Think it through.  I'll write on that sometime but not just now.  I'm sure you can figure it out anyway.  The next place optical drives will disappear is in cars.  And so on.


The iMac is confirmed at $2542 total (i.e. tax, shipping, etc).  There's no way around it as that's what Macs cost.  There's a cheaper one with a 21.5" screen but it has a slower processor and larger screen space gains me nothing if the thing still crawls for processing video.

Lotho doesn't think GoFundMe is a very good solution and, from what we've seen in two weeks, there's no reason to argue but it's still the best possible course I see … well … it's the only course I see.  He also remarked once about my deadbeat friends … and I can't argue with that either (laughs).  Some of you all are true-blue and I love you for it.  This trip would have been over a long time ago if not for you all.

Possibly part of it is that acoustic guitar players think they're spending big bucks when they drop a couple of grand on a Martin as they really don't need much else after that.  For electric music, that's just the beginning and for video it goes to the stratosphere.

The vote thus far is to continue with GoFundMe but try to promote it better.  Some don't believe a word of it as I'm faking illness, nothing ever got stolen, etc, etc but the rest of you know how it went and how it goes.  When people don't accept my word, it only means I'm hanging with the wrong people.

I don't look sick but I did five knee bends this morning and was gasping.  It doesn't look like anything is wrong when I play but I've learned what I can do and what I can't.

The biggest cost cutter on my end is killing the cigarettes before they kill me.  That aspect has been slashed and I apologize for crankiness with it.  There's also no reefer which is my best solution for depression so I'm a real bundle of joy just now.  However, I recognize it and I'm trying to stay cool with it.  The reefer absence is just depressing but the cigarettes are a screaming bitch.  So I fight.  Do you want a computer or not, sissy boy.

I still have not talked to the People of the Future about getting the heart test.  I'm highly-mixed as I truly think it's a waste of time.  They already know they can't cut me so, from my view, it looks like I gain nothing but bad news by going.  This is not solid and I will listen to other thoughts on it.

No comments: