Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Well, There's a Big Helping of Weird - Updated

All was set for the computer but then I got a note about a few security questions.  One of them was the age of my brother's wife.  wtf!  So, let's preview.  I'm to walk up to my brother's wife and say, hey there, what is your age and please be precise, the bank wants to know.

Oh sure, that's going to happen.  How exceptionally indelicate of a bank to even pose the question.  And how did they get the information anyway, it's not even related to the same account.

He also asked me about my niece's birthday month.  I've got fifteen nieces and nephews and only grandmas can remember all the birthdays.  Unfortunately, my ol' Mother is gone so that tells me no-one knows them all now.

So, even tho it's a debit card, they hate it.  This is not tragedy but rather a nuisance as I'll go to the bank tomorrow and either do a wire transfer or get a cashier's check.


I was also busted because I don't have a Texas driver's license.  That didn't make sense to me either as it documents the other location which is known to be valid.  I really don't think they want people to pass the test as the questions are impossible unless you carry a Fraser Clan calendar in your pocket.  Don't read this as whiny, it's not.  Frustrating, yes, but teary and weepy, no.  The guy tried multiple times and he's asking questions for which I could only think, dude, are you fucking serious??

So, it's a hassle but it should be resolved tomorrow.  The tragic part is it will take an extra 2-3 days beyond what was anticipated.  This will take it out to Wednesday or Thursday next week.


Update:  After thinking about this a bit, I don't believe PowerMax owns the spank for that ridiculous test.  I believe the banks own that one so my review of PowerMax is unchanged and I've written enough reviews about banks already.  The review hasn't been displayed yet and it won't be until the computer arrives and we can go on a three-hour cruise, a three-hour cruise.

Yes, that was a reference to "Gilligan's Island."  I am not ashamed.

No comments: