Friday, February 27, 2015

"I Love Rats" - Silas Scarborough (video) - 2009 - Snakepit 3 of 4

"I Love Rats" became the theme song over the years and it had been "Too Much or Not Enough" which I imagine Lennon would have designated just another silly love song.  I like that one but making love songs wasn't exactly the plan when I started out with this.  "I Love Rats" really isn't either but it's a gas to play it.  For me, it's nothing but hilarious when people call out for it by name and they do.  It seems this is my legacy:  Silas, he loved rats.

For some time I said all I would want it to say on my rock would be 'Silas, he played ok,' but now I like it better with 'Silas, he loved rats.'  It doesn't matter as a hundred years or so later no-one can read a word of it.  I did some photography in a Civil War cemetery in Massachusetts and I could hardly read the names on any of them.





There is a nasty chord at the end of it and that's the sound of the guitar breaking.  What really happened is that one of the pickups came loose.  That sort of thing is easy and I can fix it myself but this guitar has suffered so much.  The neck has been broken or severely-injured three times and, thanks to the efforts each time of the same Wizard of the Luthiers, Steve Lamb of Lamb's Music in Fort Worth, the neck is, even now, in perfect condition.  (You can trust him.  The man can fix any axe.  He's a wizard, I tell you.)

No comments: