Thursday, May 7, 2015

Where's the Music

As to where's the music, it was rippin' yesterday.  I've been having problems with the amps overheating and the wimps shutdown.  That just gets me thinkin' you sissyboys are goin' join the parade or catch fire, your choice.

All the dials are green. There should be gobs of headroom but the wimps run to mother. So I twiddled some knobs what don't got LEDs and nothin' blowed up.  Much better.  Much louder.


There are significant external complications but there is a good chance they will ameliorate over the next few days and to some extent that has started already.  The complications are not interesting but pulling the music through it matters a lot.  There's not much evidence to hear but there is more happening than it seems.


Meanwhile, Vandengroef plays at 2pm at Cat's Art MusikCircus today / tonight.  I was to play but there's no chance of a live set.  I don't want to miss Van's set as it's all about trips.  It's a good vibe and I don't want to miss it.  Following Van's set is big fun and definitely next time.


The new used Mac will go to the Apple Store most likely tomorrow as I don't have a better answer.  Nothing from Apple had much value but the people answering the questions on their support boards are more highly-knowledgeable enthusiasts than they are a formal Apple support team.  Therefore, support from the Apple Store may or may not be better but it should result in something conclusive.  Part of it is a $100 fishing trip for me as my diagnostics show no evidence of a hardware failure anywhere.  Their diagnostics are better and perhaps there is something more subtle my software cannot detect.

Most likely that trip will happen tomorrow whereas it was impossible previously.  It's the highest priority as I used the laptop for long enough that I forgot its painful lack of speed.  After moving back up to some fairly decent speed, it's definitely painful going back.  With any luck at all, this is the last laptop I will ever touch.  She's been a loyal trouper but it's time she got a rest.

Getting that problem resolved is the biggest single driver behind getting the music live again.  All of these things may have seemed dead but that was only due to circumstances.

No comments: