Sunday, March 31, 2013

"the echo song" - Kevin Farrell (video)

While the following article shows what is wrong with Second Life, this one will show you what is right with it.  I had never heard Lefty Unplugged / Kevin Farrell before he played at Cat's Art MusikCircus and I was immediately taken by the imaginative music he gives us.  I'm not quite sure how it happened but it seems we turned into old geezers so playing in real-life venues is not going to titillate the hearts and naughty parts of young ladies and Second Life, particularly Cat's Art MusikCircus, gives a wonderful place to perform.

As you will see in the video, Kevin sometimes needs more to tell the story in his song and his cartoons are fascinating to watch unfold:


Hang with it for the rollerskating shark.  The lyrics are priceless!

It's probably obvious by now that Kevin is a friend of mine and perhaps it's not so obvious that he has been admiring of my skills as well but that has nothing to do with why I present his work here.

I love his imagination and I love it in anyone but the way he expresses it is highly compelling.  I'm not sure but I hope he will be performing at the MusikCircus tomorrow night and there's no telling what he will do.  Sometimes he just plays songs he makes up off the top of his head.

That he doesn't shred does not mean he can't as he has excellent guitar skills but he plays only what is necessary for a particular song, sometimes that is electric and sometimes it is not.  I've heard him start out soft to create a gentle soundbed and then play electric lead over the top of it that came as wind blowing through the trees, absolutely marvelous work!

I don't want to let an idiot set the tone for the day as in the following article as sometimes the job of Guardian is to help focus on things which are good even in the face of things which are bad or especially in the face of things which are bad.  Some have laughed at my mad love for Cat when it's possible I may never see her but love isn't about possession, it's about appreciation.

So, with love to my bro, Kevin, I hope you enjoy his Blue Eyed Red Beaked Yellow Bird!

No comments: