Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Keine Rauchen! No Smoking!

This is now the seventh day of no smoking so that's sufficient to call it a credible effort.  The campaign isn't to quit now as I already did and the physical withdrawal is done.  What matters now is to stay quit.

And, yah, this was cold turkey.  It's not as hard as you think and I smoked for well over forty years and I mean one hell of a lot.  Go for it.  You can do it!

It's been easier to enforce discipline in being flat broke but still the effect is the same.  I quit smoking.  The house smells fresh.  Maybe I don't even have to re-wash my clothes as I never smoked in the bedroom anyway.  It's been many years since I had an ashtray in a bedroom as I think that's highly revolting even if one has no intention of quitting.  Hiya, Baby, I'm feeling romantic tonight.  Wanna lick my ashtray??

I guess I must be about forty euros ahead based on what I would have spent on cigarettes in the time I haven't smoked.  Now that part is pretty damn cool!  Any smoker can tell you it's not enough to make you quit but it sure is a swell reason to keep you quit!

So, I ain't just talkin', I'm doin' and the beat goes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations now you can afford to eat

Unknown said...

It will definitely help! I know it will be a battle for years as still my mind screams for them even though my body does not.