Monday, March 18, 2013

My Secret Project

I am just dying to tell you about it and this is just a teaser as it's not going to happen now.  Judging by the way it's progressing, there should be news relatively shortly.  I can tell you this much that it's not music but rather a Web project.  Nevertheless, I've got a secret music project also.  If you want whacked-out chords, it's got 'em (laughs).  If you need a chord, just make one up!  (laughs some more)  There was another one a few nights ago that was straight-up (no effects, no looper, no nothin') and I was really kind of getting off on it.  Yah, blues but not wimpy whiny bluez as those kind of bluez are worse than talking about lawn maintenance!  (No, I didn't record it.  Sorry!)

So, on with the teaser stuff.  The Web project is in four languages!

(Ed:  And you probably butcher three of them?)

That's a roger there, my brother!  (laughs)

You know I butcher German and Greek already so I figured French ought to get an equal shot at my horrendous capabilities in linguistics.  However, I have an ace here as my friend, Nathalie, is French and she is also fluent in Greek.  Her English is good enough that we can communicate pretty well so maybe I will even learn something!

I'm really diggin' this Euro stuff as you don't really have to know any language all that well, you just need to know it enough to make yourself understood and be polite.  If you show respect, people will always smile.  It's kind of like learning computer languages:  learn the verbs and you've pretty much got it in the bag.  (Yes, it really is that easy.  People are just afraid of them.)

So the project is chugging along nicely.  It was very frustrating to lose the Internet but that doesn't stop work, I just couldn't see what I was doing.  With Internet back, it is flaming and I'm really pleased with how it is growing.  But I'm still not going to tell you where you can see it (laughs).  Soon!

No comments: