Monday, March 25, 2013

They Call it Stormy Monday (w/pictures of Plakes Beach)

They call it Stormy Monday
but Tuesday's just as bad

And so they sing those bluez!


Those are shower heads along the water.  Anyone want to go swimming?  This is Plakes Beach on the north end of Katakolon.  You can see it on the map at Katakolon News.



It really wasn't stormy but rather quite windy at high tide and the breakwater was definitely earning its keep.  There are no waves at all on the other side of it.



A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you say
(from "Comfortably Numb")

I find a quite unearthly beauty in these pictures and this is no credit to myself as a photographer as all I did was go there to shoot what was already happening.

Update:  here's one more


I was riding on this same beach to shoot the Valentine's Day video.  Good luck doing that without pontoons today!  Nevertheless, I enjoy the beauty of the scene as shooting pics of sunny days with beach umbrellas is pretty but it's very obvious.  In the shots today there is the power of the sea which is quite a marvelous thing to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strong ocean storms are the only natural.power to make tornados seem bland