Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Bring the Cyanide" (poem)

Bring me now the cyanide
I must escape this life
I'm tired of this Facebook
and it's endless swirling strife

The things I've seen them doing
and the way they live their lives
leads me only to one thinking
that humans should all die

There's claim of seeing the spirit
from someone with a gun
who lives for puerile torment
with blame for everyone

I'm a man, I'm a woman,
I'm a bitter bleeding child
but it doesn't matter on this morning
it hasn't mattered for some while

You can try to live for art's sake
but there's no reason left to sing
blinded by their egos
they cannot hear a thing

I cannot help their anguish
it's not mine to control
I'm in a deck of playing cards
and it's time for me to fold

There's no way to escape them
until taking that last breath
and the prospect of that freedom
makes me yearn for that cold death

No comments: