Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chateau Mercouri Wines

The Chateau Mercouri is not far from here in Korakohori and they make very high-quality wine which has a reputation around the world.  You can read more about the vineyard on their Web site.  Here is an extensive reference:  Wiki Greek Wine (one of the most intriguing things in the Wiki is that Greece has been making wine for 6,500 years!)


There wasn't time for much photography as they are not open today.  They were very pleasant about me coming out there and I told them I would just take a few pictures and quickly get going.


This equipment was interesting to me as it's obviously so modern while the buildings have been here for a very long time.

But ...

What I did not expect ...

Chickens!


Maybe you say that's not a chicken but what do I know, I spent most of my life in the city!  It's a bird that walks on the ground so it's either an ostrich or a chicken, right?  It's too small to be an ostrich so it must be a chicken!  Logic, man!



No, this is not the same one.  I saw three peacocks and maybe there are more.  What I did not see was a peahen so maybe they don't breed them.  It sure was a charming surprise to see them in any case!


And one more thing!

I found why there are so many honey bees around here!


Now we all know!

I'll see what else I can find and take you on another trip soon!  This one would have been strange on the scooter as I had to ride down a dirt road to get there.  That may seem unusual to get to such an illustrious vineyard but, hey, it's Greece and things are a little different here.  Roll with the coolness of it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Google female peacock

Unknown said...

Not sure of your point as I do know they aren't very impressive, same as with many species of birds, I believe. I'm sure there were none visible, tho. I had seen a similar phenomenon with turkeys earlier today as the males are quite impressive but the females not at all. I saw many at the same place as they had all kinds of edible avians!

Anonymous said...

a lot of places use peacocks has watch dogs because they are so sensitive to sound and scream so loud

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I was hearing them today. They are unbelievably loud!