Monday, March 18, 2013

How to Keep Your Shopping Carts

This probably is not a problem that has concerned you very much and I didn't realise it was a problem at all until until I saw this unusual gadget on a shopping cart.


The way this works is that all shopping carts are locked together and the part that is dangling down will be used for the next shopping cart to come.  When I take this one back, I'll push the chain from the one in front of me into the lock on mine and that will pop out the euro that I've put into it.  This solves two problems at once as it chains them altogether so people won't steal them and it also makes sure people won't leave them all over the parking lot because you want to get your euro back!  Instead of hiring people to go out to collect the shopping carts over and over, the shoppers bring them back for you.  Quite a clever solution, I'm thinking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How the hell can you get drunk and ride one down a hill that way

Unknown said...

Well, looking at it another way, this lets you buy a shopping cart for one euro and still have plenty left over for ouzo!