Sunday, March 24, 2013

James Corachea Takes a Swim

It might be a little unusual for James Corachea to go swimming as he lives in the UK and it's a wee bit cold up there just now but he is in Key West, Florida, for a live Second Life jam.  This is when a number of musicians will get together to play in-person and broadcast the show to Second Life.



Liz Harley put it together along with Eo Sands and Galt Hax.  It takes a tremendous amount of work to stage one of these events in terms of arranging a place to play, arranging rates with hotels, etc, but it all seemed to come together well.


From left to right:  Liz Harley, Coreopsis Bluebird, ??? (her name!), Sweet Ana (mostly obscured to my left), Silas Scarborough, Lyric Wilberg (almost entirely obscured behind me), and Noodlze Thorsveld


I have known Noodlze Thorsveld for quite a while and I was hoping to hear him play but my line was too slow and the audio kept cutting out on me.  I did get to hear some of James' set and he was playing in his marvelously-intricate style.  It was lovely work and I would have liked to hear more of it.  Noodlze was sweet to say he would kill to hear me play and that was very encouraging.  Thanks, bro!  If I ever get a line fast enough, I will do it for sure!

Note:  No-one else was having this difficulty.  It was just me because I have a very slow Internet connection!

You can hear the jam live from Key West, Florida, as it is ongoing at the Key West Resort and Marina in Second Life.  Enjoy the party and the water!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming and for the write up!

I haven't jetted off to Florida unfortunately. That would involve a lot of saving up! I'm still here in cold England which was where I was streaming from. The jam I was talking about was the Nashville Jam in May 2014 which Noodlze will be going to.

Unknown said...

Whoops! I altogether misunderstood this one! Still I'm glad to come out and show support. Cat couldn't come as she had her son on the phone. I was surprised at Key West as my friend puts the jams together down there and she wasn't at the show. I figured it was just different people this time. I guess I'm fired as a reporter! (laughs)