Saturday, March 23, 2013

Katakolon News - The Super-Secret Web Project

Katakolon News is not something I wanted to roll out before it was developed enough to give you a good view of the port and what you can find there.  I've now mapped almost all of the locations in and around Katakolon.  This will continue as I shoot more pictures and gather more information but it's already a more detailed mapping of Katakolon than I have seen anywhere else on the Web.

It's a great pleasure to bring this to you as obviously some things about Greece annoy me but I don't want that to be the final impression I give you of the experience here.  I have been charmed by the country and I love the people as the attitude here is quite different from anything I've encountered anywhere else.  For example, the man I met this morning was suspicious of why I would be walking around taking notes as right away he knows I'm not a tourist so what's happening here, guy.  After we talked a little bit and he discovered I was mapping Katakolon, everything changed and when he left he called me friend.  That's the Greece I want to show you.

Something that does not exist yet but I will add is the story of John Latsis as he is a child of Katakolo who grew up poor but worked his way up to big, big money in international shipping and all manner of things.  He gave a considerable amount of money to help the poor and was quite a philanthropist in Greece and also abroad.  He grew into a man who would make anyone proud to be Greek.

Katakolon News is online now and I'm interested to know what you think of it plus anything else you might like to see in it if you were coming to visit.

(Ed:  So, if you suck up to Latsis with this Web site then he gives poor you money, is that it?)

Well, bro, it's a cute idea but that would be difficult as he died ten years ago.  Apart from that little detail, it could have been a good plan!

No comments: