Friday, March 22, 2013

Dancing with Elephants at Cat's Art MusikCircus

If you have never seen an elephant on the stage then it's a good chance you have never been to Cat's Art MusikCircus.  Here is Joaquin Gustav performing with a dancing elephant right here!


That's Malikia Elton Bade riding the elephant and Joaquin Gustav playing the most romantic guitar music you will ever hear.  The man has a very gentle heart and you can feel it through his music.  Malikia said the elephant could feel it too but I'm not so sure after what it did to the stage!  Joaquin always plays "Sunshine of My Life" for Cat and I which is a very sweet touch.  I tell you the man has a very gentle heart and I know this for sure.  It wouldn't be right to tell you how I know that but I do know it for sure.

It was good to see a much better turnout for Joaquin's show as the time zone change has really made a mess out of things but you sure couldn't tell it tonight!


Meanwhile, Cat was on the trapeze above it all!  No threat from an elephant up there!


The trapeze has never looked so gorgeous!



The elephant also liked to dance to Latin African Gypsy jazz so it kept it up for Voodoo Shilton's performance.  I've never been quite sure what to call his style of music as he plays many different motifs but he brings the same speed and delicate touch to all of them.  He plays very quickly in a quite intricate way but it's always with extraordinary delicacy.

I'm told Voodoo will sometimes play electric but I have not as yet heard him do that and would be fascinated to hear what he does.  I don't know if he goes with a flat pick style for electric rather than the finger-picked intricacies he does otherwise and it would be most interesting to hear!


When there's an elephant about, it's important to be careful where you step and Kent Fingerpin had the solution for that.  However, his solution is not ideal as if he slips then he's done for!



And Cat spun fire!


You can see in the background that Kent Fingerpin is still doing fine on those stilts but notice how he is staying in front of Malikia's elephant rather than behind it!  When dealing with elephants, this is very important!

No comments: