Friday, March 29, 2013

Finally Found the Katakolon Lighthouse

Google Maps is an incredible tool but identifying things from directly above them can be difficult even when you know where they are.  When you don't it can be quite a challenge.  I finally deduced where it had to be and found a possible candidate.  Yep, that was it!


The sky isn't so pretty today but that's easy to explain:  I haven't talked to Cat!

So now I have another place mapped on the Katakolon News Map and it has little red markers all over.

There are still some beaches I'm trying to identify and isn't that an ordeal:  I have to go out to visit as many beaches as I can!  That doesn't work just now as there's no money for petrol and I have no patience at all for waiting.  Harry called me a couple of days ago and it seemed quite imminent for selling the iMac but no new news after that.  Grrrr (laughs).

There are two cruise ships in-port today but I'm spoiled and I'm waiting for the big stuff where there are as many as six in-port at once.  The only trouble with that is cruise ship passengers are immune to injury from vehicles on the road so they will stroll out in front of you without any more thought than a kid chasing a ball.  It's ok, tho, as Katakolon isn't a place to be in a hurry.  That's one of the coolest things about it.


No comments: