Monday, March 25, 2013

James Corachea is Already Back in the UK

Now you may wonder just how James Corachea got back to the UK so quickly if he was in Key West yesterday and the answer is quite simple.  He wasn't in Key West yesterday except virtually and it was my sorry reporting that had the error.

So what's bad for Key West is good for Cat's Art MusikCircus and he played there tonight.


Does he have the penetrating eyes or what!

At first the evening sucked bad as my audio was cutting in and out.  That made it almost impossible to tell what he was doing.  I suspect what was happening is someone else was pounding the Internet and that sucked up all the bandwidth as it suddenly got better about halfway through his show.  After that his music came in continuously and sounded excellent.

While covers of Neil Young or The Beatles or whatever are very approachable, that sort of stuff doesn't require much thought beyond, oh yeah, I know this one.  James plays some complicated stuff but that's the magic of it.  His music does require you to think but why would anyone not want that!  And why do people ask rhetorical questions (laughs).

I said at one point that James plays with a delicate and gentle style but maybe he heard me as he ripped it up pretty good after that.  Even so, he still has a delicacy and a gentleness when he plays hard.  It's an extraordinary technique!

And Cat and I danced!


The picture doesn't show it so well but I was wearing a shirt that could stand-in if ever the Katakolon Lighthouse breaks down as it could easily guide ships to port in the dark of night.  Cat didn't say anything but there was no need (laughs).  She was dressed in a very cool outfit and, um, well, I wasn't (laughs).  I will fix that for Michi Renoir's show tomorrow night.  Maestro Michi returns!

No comments: