Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Great Hosea Perquackey Championship

Today Perquackey is considered a collector's item and it will cost you thirty bucks or so  (Amazon:  Perquackey)


Perquackey is played by rearranging the letters to form as many different words as possible within the allotted time specified by the egg timer.

My ol' Dad was a great one for games and this one came around during the university years.  He found I was a worthy opponent and so we played.


He just couldn't defeat me and it frustrated him no end.  It didn't make him angry but rather incredulous since he made his living through science and language so how can it possibly be true that this stoner wastrel is winning when he has never taken anything seriously.

And we played.


I'm not really sure how long this continued but it reached the stage at which we knew we were racing for a million points.

And we did that.

One million points of Perquackey.  I brought whatever estimable measure of mindpower I possess but  he brought the genius power and that was highly different when his mindpower was actually valuable.

Ed:  so how many brain cycles do you suppose you two wasted?

Dunno.  My brainpower cut the cheese when it came time for calculus.


After the tournament, my ol' Dad took bits of a karting trophy and glued the playing pieces to it to make a plaque.  It may just be I still have that plaque although it would be difficult to find if it really is here.  I whooped him but he was a good sport about it and that plaque became a treasure.  I don't much like keeping things around just to keep them but that plaque hung about for forty years or so.

2 comments:

Laughing Gecko said...

You had the genetic advantage, but your Dad knew that!

Unknown said...

He was the Smartest Man in the Universe so the situation just wasn't adding up for him (larfs).