Thursday, March 30, 2017

"Boss Cox, We Hardly Knew You" (poem)

Boss Cox, we hardly knew you
but your legend lives today
If you want votes in Cincinnati,
Cox is the one to pay.

He found all his family
and gave them easy jobs
more than they could ever know
that lot of unwashed yobs

I want my sons and daughters
and people who know me well
for you I have employment,
the others can go to hell

Don't tell me about any fairness
when I just don't give a fuck
if your ass ain't related
then sorry about your luck

Come one, come all, to Washington
you have seen it on TV
there is money for the taking
and lobbyists in the trees

Gather around, my family,
we will make this country great
but first we will sell the pieces
at any going rate

It doesn't matter what's left over
we will just go somewhere else
the flags don't even matter
we only want the wealth

No comments: