Wednesday, March 29, 2017

"The Fresh New Green of Spring" (poem)

The fresh new green of Springtime is something we forget
until comes another season when the sight brings smiles and yet
we know when it's gone we will forget again
as Summer's joy brings laughs and fades
with the growing darkness we think again 
there's a time this goes and then ...

there comes a time of no seasons but it's not something we can see
that's another world beyond this time and perhaps for you and me
but the fresh new green of Springtime
is something we see yet
and the seasons will keep turning 
one into the next

the splendor of this natural world sings a song with no note to play
and it's a privilege that we hear it for whatever it will say
we worry that some time it stops but that can never be
since every day we live and breathe it will always say

welcome to this world I made
I hope you feel at home
the Sun will never stop shining
the Moon will be your own
feel the light every day you can
I made it just for you
there's nothing you will have to bring
there's nothing you need to do

- Silas


I like it and I hate it.  There is a meter but it changes every few lines.  If I let it slide any longer then it will disappear so the move is to publish it and maybe revisit that.  There are probably hundreds of draft articles backed-up with almost zero chance I will ever look at them so the answer is show it or throw it.


I want the fresh green because life returns and that fresh green is special because it only lasts for a short time until the leaves darken and settle down for the Summer.

The seasons do keep turning regardless of whether we see them.

We worry about losing it but that's not logically possible since the only way to lose that fresh green is to go somewhere else.

Then it get border-line religious and that's kind of squishy but doesn't terribly bother me since that's not even a hint of any kind of denomination.  It could be the Great God Mescalito talking for all the difference it makes.


It's mostly saying what I want but it's a tad mixed-up about doing it.  Likely more to come.

No comments: