Thursday, March 30, 2017

Why I Don't Present All the Science News I See

Some of these brainiacs are doing things which make my hair stand on end and, oh, gee, there's one now ...

Science Daily:  Organic-inorganic heterostructures with programmable electronic properties

I know your libido must be going "Sing, Sing, Sing" from that but, feel the heterostructural joy, there's more.

Researchers have devised a novel supramolecular strategy to introduce tunable 1D periodic potentials upon self-assembly of ad hoc organic building blocks on graphene, opening the way to the realization of hybrid organic-inorganic multilayer materials with unique electronic and optical properties.

- SD

Oh, sure, I can get into an improv from that motif.  Maybe you grok it but I don't have a tiny idea what they're doing or why anyone would want to do it.

Ed:  you're just another damn censor

Not at all since trying to explain science I don't understand only means I'm in the White House.

Yes, Lotho, that one was for you.  Maestro, rim shot, please.

Ed:  are you really going to do a bit on people explaining things they don't understand?

Nah, if you have seen any kind of TV or video, you have seen it already.

Note:  Lotho just loves my political cheap shots


There's a segue to strange with computer programmers who constantly compete to discover who is the King Brain.  I saw that in any pro shop and most are subtle about it but still the phenomenon exists and more so with computer people than I noticed with others.  There's a pecking order with any group but it was entirely mental with that lot.

Watson:  you got tired of needing to constantly prove your superiority?

Precisely.  Must I defeat all of them at SCRABBLE before they understand.

Throw a Rubix Cube into the room and they will wear it out trying to discover who can solve it the fastest.

Watson:  what about you?

No idea.  I have never touched one.  I've never understood why anyone would be interested in how to solve the puzzle.  Instant analysis:  waste of brain cycles.

Watson:  but you think Namibian fairy circles are worthy of your time

Of course and isn't it obvious why.  Fairies are about, man.  (Ithaka:  What About the Fairy Circles in Namibia - Science)

No comments: