Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Day of the Great Vacuum Cleaner Saga

Astute readers will know already that crazy beat stupid this morning ... but ... you don't know why.

And so began The Great Vacuum Cleaner Saga.

On awakening and only moments after ensuring my innards were at peace with the Universe, I was presented with a brand-new vacuum cleaner and a query as to why it is not working.  I should add the vacuum cleaner was in pieces after doing a peach of job of what vacuum cleaners do yesterday.

My first thought was it does not work because you took it apart, Hippie Girl.  Have we considered that yet?

There was more to the puzzle as often comes in taking things apart, there were parts left over on attempting to reassemble the device.

Thus was my morning occupied as I reviewed Dyson vacuum cleaner manuals whose only claim to being documentation is the presentation of a few marginally useful pictures.

But that failed.

Youtube videos were previewed in succession, revealing to me first something I really didn't need to know:  there is a tremendous enthusiasm for making videos about vacuum cleaners.  As to learning anything else from the exercise, that was not so productive.

So that failed.

Then I thought, aha, this odd unit must have a replacement part serial number.  Surely searching that on Google will at least identify the beast's purpose.

Dyson does not have such a device.


And, verily, came the epiphany.  This (expletive-deleted, expletive-deleted, expletive-deleted) part doesn't even belong to this (expletive-deleted, expletive-deleted, expletive-deleted) vacuum cleaner.

Thus did pass two and a half hours of my life into vaporous nothingness, although now cleaned of dust.

No comments: