Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saving the CD for the Sister Julie Project

The first "Pigment of My Fascination" going out the door went to Sister Julie but it arrived looked it was been subjected to some major international unrest.

So ... make another one.

But ... I made the CD on the iMac ... which is down flat.

However, the one disk drive both computers can read is the one that houses the music.  I thought I was going to have to play Internet Bowling for Dollars in bringing up the iMac on another port on the router and hopefully it stays up long enough so I can transfer the "Pigment of My Fascination" play list and songs.

Then came the aha moment as that data is already here.

Brief interruption to validate the playlist in iTunes.  It's present and the CD will burn today.  I'm pretty sure I have some jingle to ship it.  This time for sure.

Note:  the above is why I have always used Apple for my own production work.  I'm not too pleased with Apple just now but this is the first time in thirty years there has been a situation like this.


Side-note on an additional diagnostic:  there is value in bringing up the iMac without anything whatsoever attached to it and observing its behavior under that circumstance.  I know this is boring to you like counting bedbugs in a New York City hotel room and I do apologize as I'd like this swill to be at least marginally entertaining.

No comments: