Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Abandoning Paradise" - Book Has Been Murdered by YouTube

The video demonstrating all the instruments was fully-uploaded to YouTube and then they put up a message that it exceeds size limits and they need to verify my account with either an automated call or a text message.  This is not practical as I do not have a cellphone and it is not possible as I do not submit to extortion.

  • A longer version of this video was already online.  I deleted it prior to uploading this one as I considered it senseless to waste space on two.
  • The newest version of the video took who knows how many hours for my edits plus about six and a half hours to render it.
  • Neither one is online now.

The video is integral to the final stage of the book so YouTube has not only destroyed the simple viewing aspect but also the compositional in terms of how the videos augment the story I have been telling.

It's a cold-blooded murder for an arbitrary reason and it wasn't even based on a previous standard as they lowered it just to kill this one or the previous version would never have been accepted.

This kills that video, the book, and this does it for me and online.  I will not perform again.  It would not have been possible this Thursday anyway due to the medical stuff starting back up again so this appears to be the time.

Thanks, YouTube, for going just one too many grasps over the line.  The endless invasions from busybodies who have no business in my life are over as the only reason to do it is to profit themselves and there's one thing for sure:  I will never see a dime of it.

There are only four words left:

Fuck it.  I quit.

No comments: