Monday, September 22, 2014

"Abandoning Paradise" is Not Over

The latest story is "The Galaxy Shines Again" ... but this isn't the dance off into the sunset.

Since none of this has been written, I'm outlining and then back-filling as I go along.  The story is such and so but the way to tell it is this and that.  If your such and so is cool then your this and that drops in right where it needs to go.

I'm telling you it needs to go to "The Paradise Song" or it isn't finished and it ain't there yet.  I don't even know what it sounds like yet.

There's an existential cop to it as why should I believe "The Paradise Song" is achievable, not just by me but by anyone.  It's not my thinking that I can do it when no-one else can as everybody has a different one so that kind of consideration is irrelevant.  It's a valid but lame way to end it with the epiphany that Paradise is the Ideal to be sought but never obtained.  I'm not going to do that as I don't fookin' believe it.  The whole point of the book is that Paradise is all over the fookin' place, you just have to look.  So that song has to come.

The telling of The Netherlands dream sequence is a fantasy for detail as the regulars know I wasn't staying in some exotic abbey.  I don't see the detail of it as having relevance to the story.  The Dutch flat in which I stayed with hexx and jsmn was unpretentious, very efficiently designed, and comfortable.  That's fine if you want to study middle class Dutch sociology ... but I don't.  The story is true to the concept of what happened and sure there was going around looking at stuff but that wasn't the reason for going.  Everything in the dream sequence version is the reason for going.

The reference to stalkers is appropriate at the attention level it was given (i.e. not much).  When some guy will come barging through the door with no warning and launch immediately into a rant, that's not just stalker but full-out lunatic.  That happened multiple times.  Then there's the detail of what happened in Utrecht but that is not important.  That stalkers are and have been a pain in the ass is a valid point as they are exceptionally-dangerous people.

That's the latest as the book has pushed well into the Fort Worth Rock House bit.  The problem isn't altering facts but compressing time which can implicitly alter facts.

No comments: