Thursday, September 25, 2014

Skipping Over Six Months of Fort Worth

Although that looks like a huge leap in the book, it wasn't as almost nothing happened other than medical tests.

I've thought of what photo-ops could come from here and the only two I've spotted so far are one from a QuickTrip petrol station as the thing is enormous.  Euros may not think it is such a big deal as there are big ones on the autobahn / autoroute, etc but these things are every few miles inside the city.  I haven't done it as there's no particular revelation ... Texas is big and tasteless.  There's a shocker, huh.

This is the same place some guy told Cat he thought Germany was still at war.  She did NOT say in reply, "No, Redneck Ruby Buby, it's America that's still at war. "

He wouldn't have understood her anyway.

Another one is a five-dollar palm reader on Hemphill Ave as that so typifies the general standard of living.  In general view, Fort Worth is poor and there is rundown stuff all over the place but there is also great wealth here.  The land is flat and boring with mile after mile of nondescript nothing interrupted only by multi-million dollar highway projects.  This is not gratuitous America bashing as Fort Worth really is one ugly ass city.

Dallas has some photographic coolness but only from the WOW standpoint (cities as White-Occupied Wastelands) as Dallas has the Texas richies ... very rich, all white, all Republican, and all of them being bred out of existence by just about every soon-to-be ex-minority in the country.  They have their WOWs for now but there is nothing particularly distinctive in that kind of glass and chrome richie stuff.  Plus Dallas is home to the Dallas Safari Club, some of the most despicable white people of all.  Oh really ... ever see an American safari hunter who is black, did you.

I imagine the reason you don't see many black hunters is that any black guy walking around in the woods with a rifle is going to become the prey very quickly.  Some asshole would probably call out a SWAT team.


The only thing I really see with any potential for the book is going to see the palm reader.  She charges five dollars because that's what people around here can afford, it's not necessarily what she is worth.  She might be the Oracle from the Matrix for all I know.  People like that don't carry placards ... although the five dollar palm reading kind of covers that so I'm not optimistic about the Oracle.  There still could be a good story in it.

Doctor stuff today and that's when I go by her place.  Today I have the camera sitting on top of my wallet so I can't possibly forget it.  Yevette rides with me so I don't get lost trying to find doctors / hospitals / etc and there has been a long-running pact to at least get a pic of the place but both of us have managed to fluff it every time.  However, since I'm the one who wants the pic, I definitely own the fail.  Hopefully today as I do see a hopefulness in the lady (I assume, she's a woman).  When she is doing palm reading, it's a safe bet she has no salable skills but she's doing this and apparently accomplishing something as the sign has been there for over six months now.  I think there's an angle on Abandoning Paradise in this but how do you interview an Oracle, huh?  Oiga, señor. ¿Cómo?

No comments: