Sunday, September 21, 2014

On the Heroin Experiment - Updated w/Link

This was omitted from the book but I'm looking at doing that as having been a whitewash.  It was appropriate to remove editorial comparisons between Scotland, America, etc as anyone wanting to compare them should go over there.  Editorials aren't the purpose of the book but telling what happened is.

The story is germane but I don't want it to be a simple lesson.  Don't do this, kids, or it will really hurt.  Obviously I don't want that so it shouldn't need to be stated.  In my view, it envelopes an almost ubiquitous search for Paradise in rampant abuse of pain meds by millions, etc.  That continuum is the same but there is more as my own search is that I did not understand why Miles Davis was a junkie, I believe, all his life.  Why is it musicians are attracted to heroin, particularly the ones most sensitive to the art.  Amy Winehouse lived an insane life but, damn, that girl could sing.

There is no blaming as that's pointless to the story.  I will invent The Source and, ok, that's a lie but nothing else of it will be.  It's a challenge to write without it turning suckfilled so must give it a go.


Update:

"Meeting Simon" has been added to the story just before the Guitar Soliloquy.  (There is no real Simon.  He only represents.)

No comments: