Friday, September 19, 2014

Touchdown at the Belly Buster Bistro

There is all manner of whirling in the revisit to Belly Buster Bistro in Leith, Scotland.  That story has just gone into "Abandoning Paradise" so you can now reasonably I assume I survived the Sheep to Suicide Scotland Run.

The contention it was a Sheep to Suicide Run were a bit overstated.  In other words, nothing stops crazy.  It also doesn't stop the book as there is a devious plan to wrap it and that's one more chapter.  It has to have the wholeness, the Om, all eight pieces of the pizza, all those things.

The is a major re-write of the telling of the time in Scotland.  Any reference to a singular source of toxicity has been eliminated as it gave him vastly too much power to over-shadow the beauty of the country and particularly lovely people like the ones at Belly Buster.  Wojtek wasn't Scottish but everyone who went in there was and the vibe was a delight ... except ... 

yes ... 

except for one thing.

Miley Cyrus

This is where I came to loathe her more than sitting on a leather seat in a car that's been baking out in the Texas sun. Hearing her annoying voice every day on the TV in Belly Buster while she took her black treatments that just weren't fookin' working and she still wasn't cool and that voice went on and on and on and on.

Yah, so that's where that happened.


The story in Scotland is not complete as there is a guitar soliloquy, the Baby, you're all I have left talk.  If you think that means it is depressive then you are not following what abandoning Paradise means.  Where is it exactly.  Where is it only within the context of the story.   But don't expect me to tell you.  My job is to tell you what happened.

Visualize:  the scooter is gone due to Scottish magic and that is how I will explain it.  I really do not have anything left except what remains of the clothes after the crash, the guitar and devices, and the computer.  It's very damn cold and there's nothing to eat with no prospect of that improving any time soon.

I don't mind omitting the toxicity as that was someone else's psychopathy and I have no time for it nor is there time of yours to waste on it.  However, the actual event of being that screwed, cold, hungry, etc is a lie to leave out and covering it in a way that satisfies me is true to what happened may take a bit yet.

Of marginal interest is the narcissism in gee, look at me.  That's understandable but that's not how I see it.  This series of unusual events took place and I write about them.  That I am in them isn't a high level of relevance as what I see is whether the story is interesting, the pictures are good, etc.  That it's about stuff I did doesn't really matter.  It's just the story I know best.  In defense of non-narcissistic motives, the only way the percentage of pictures with me in them will go over at most 1.5% is if I put some in an Afterword.

So, get on with it then ... type.

No comments: