Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Abdul al Adhubidhubi does "Bomb Me Amadeus" ... But Not Yet

Abdul al Adhubidhubi seems to be emerging as one of my many talents is really poor imitations of accents, particularly the ones you hate the most:  fake French accent, fake Indian accent, and, yes, I have covered an Elvis song.  It was a horror.

Horrific is fucked-up.  That's for when a 747 crashes into a cruise ship and a city blows up or some blazing shit like that.  (There was something on that order in Tenerife.  You are advised not to look for it as that truly was horrific.)

So, it was a horror and even for comedy doing Elvis covers is out.

But

That still leaves room for Abdul al Adhubidhubi covering Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" ... but my German sucks and I'm not going to do it in German anyway.  So apart from that and having nothing to do with the original song, it's a cover.

Yevette showed me how to wrap a towel around my head but that's the chick way of doing it.  My purpose is not to show Abdul al Adhubidhubi is gay as what do I know, Arabs are ultra-spooky about sex.  So I will figure out towel head-wrapping on my own and then blaze forth with the power of a billion farting camels and, Dagwood, that is one strong wind.


This diverts a wee bit from "The Paradise Song" as ha ha for jokes.  All very well to make jokes but thus far they have not significantly altered foreign policy.  In my view, that makes it a pointless joke which is all the sweeter.

The comedy of the situation is so perfect.  Bush bombs the fuck out of Iraq.  Lots of people die and chaos follows for ten years.  People bitch up and down about Cheney the Anti-Christ.  Then Obama says, hey, what say we bomb the fuck out of Iraq.  Faster than Pavlov's goldfish, 88% of them said, hell yes, let's bomb the fuck out of Iraq.

The patent absurdity of this has no words.  The activity is inherently satirical simply through its existence insofar as it's a rejection of any principle of integrity, morality, and logic and dismissing that simply as stupidity is a staggering act of generosity.

They hated me for saying it the last time and they were wrong.  They hate me again now (shrug).  They won't see the pattern.  They never do.

So, yah, I do think it's funny to piss them off but the video just sounds funny to me in any case.  Some fool with a towel on his head knocking off Falco is yeah, yeah in-yer-face America kind of funny but I don't recall ever being connected too much with subtlety.


Whether comedy is worth the time it takes away from the Actual Thing is obvious ... it isn't.  But.  I am irresponsible.  We already know this.  I got a copy of a MIDI knock-off of Falco and orchestrated it in GarageBand plus gave it silicone boobs and all that rock'n'roll stuff.  It sounds about medium cool and enough to serve as the back track for the comedy.  So, maybe half an hour or so to shoot a video as more than a couple of takes is a bore and has no chance of being funny.  I'm thinking the spiritual journey is not going to be compromised too much by that.  No chance to try it until later because of async sleep hours.  We shall see.

The danger inherent in this is The Artist steps into it and proclaims this must become a Masterpiece.  Take the Steps, Make the Moves, Be Artful.  That's when you have to keep in mind a big ass rooster saying, "It's a joke, son.  I say, it's a joke."

On the road with a mouse and a chicken.  Get it now?  Jajajajaja.

No comments: