Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Abandoning Paradise" - the Web Version

Putting "Abandoning Paradise" up as a Web version will definitely work and it will be cooler than I thought.

Because.

It will have the most killin' slide show.  The book gives the slide show intelligence as it will show related pics and then click back to where you were reading.  That wasn't my plan as I intended only to put the pics in at the appropriate places but now it links into the slide show and that's impressive when you're playing with it.

There are 350 MB of images from the book.

But

The site host gave me unlimited disk space.

That might not have been such a good idea as I will definitely use it.  What this means is the pics I couldn't show previously will now be possible.

The book is linked to the Features page and you're welcome to watch the progress but do understand the construction.  I will fiddle with the first chapter for some while to be sure I have the layout as I like.  Then it will extend to all the other chapters fairly quickly.

I hope you all are worth this much work.  You are, yes??  (lacht)

No comments: