Saturday, September 20, 2014

On Farting Rainbows

Yes, it is probably true that you have to be able to fart rainbows before I will write about you.  I know there are people out there who can do it other than those about whom I have written already but I haven't yet heard them.  I would write about them if I did or at least I would try.

There are all kinds of people getting all angry faces on each other, blowing shit up, and just being complete blazing assholes ... but ... here's this cat over here, man, he can fart rainbows.  Serious.  Check this out.  Watch him.  See that.  He farts rainbows, man.

Yah, I'll write about that.  It's kind of my job these days as how would you ever hear otherwise above so much reckless, meaningless noise.  Part of listening is that it makes me a better musician but the other part is that it's so cool to find people who can fart rainbows.

Many people say they can and they talk and talk but all the while you know, man, that guy never farted a rainbow in his life.  That show is going to suck.

It's the ones who don't say it who will surprise you.  They will often be farting rainbows in a corner somewhere but they don't tell anyone.  People look around every so often and go, holy mackerel, that rainbow is so beautiful.  What made that.  The rainbow maker in the corner just smiles but doesn't say anything.

So when I find one I will tell you.  Rainbow makers don't need a crowd but a crowd is still fun and what better thing to do with a rainbow than share it.  What else can you do with one and that makes it all the more a wonder that they do it at all.

No comments: