Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Various Oddments

"Abandoning Paradise" - Web version comes along well and there's a sample with the first chapter which is entitled, cleverly enough, "Greece."  The part that shows what happens the best is the segment for "Olympia."  When you click on one of the images, it will take you into the slideshow but if you browse by clicking  right or left then the pictures displayed will only be from Olympia and not the entire show.  The mechanism doing this is very simple so it should stay reliable.

There is no 'back' key so maybe it's better to go to the Abandoning Paradise page and take the Olympia link from it.

Some techniques have developed here that would carry fairly easily back to Valerie's site but I haven't picked up any direction, not even smoke signals.  Maybe she thinks it sucks and can't bear to tell the old geezer.  Unknown.


There's a lot of unusual stuff on FARK but I couldn't be bothered to look.  Bringing My Duck Soup back to life has been on obsession.  I'm pleased with how it goes but I really hadn't anticipated this much work.  It's worth it as these things drive a lot of traffic to the site and that's already happening.  There were more visits to the site yesterday alone than in the whole month of June.  There were four hundred in June and thirty-five hundred last month.  There won't be frequent reports on this as I hardly ever look at it.  They want passwords so complex there's no chance of remember them and I won't write them on paper so I have to reset it each time.

Lots of progress on the book and I'm most pleased on this.  From what I've got now it shows how the idea will extend and that it will work.  This could be a very cool implementation of it.


P.S.  I said I wouldn't add anything ... I didn't get even through the first chapter without adding a wee bit of text.

No comments: