Thursday, July 16, 2015

Vocalist LiveFX and Digital Harmonies - Updated

"Too Much or Not Enough" (direct link to the song) is a song I wrote years ago and people have enjoyed.  It's actually written like it's a real song ... for once.  This is not my current big project love song but it's definitely a love song.  The most recent songs are on my Ride the Dragon podcast.

Update:  the link on the Ride the Dragon podcast was not working and has now been corrected.


The experiment with the song is what comes when I use the Harmonizer for the Vocalist LiveFX to add two harmonies to my nightingale vocal.  I'm not chicken on doing the song and all I really want is some reverb but the device does other things so how can I resist playing with them.

The Mystery Lady had big fun with a Digitech Vocalist she used in the 90's but this one is much easier because it listens to the music with a built-in mike and there's no special connection or programming needed to tell it to find the key.

The one in the currently-recorded version uses harmonies in which one is a fifth above me and another one is an octave.  Both voices were shifted toward feminine so I could get some Silasettes into the band back there.  The LiveFX offers multiple combinations as I could have one a third above and another a fifth below.  It also offers various a couple of knobs for refining the sound of the voices.

Note this is not the same as Pitch Effects / AutoTune.  If you use a Harmonizer without using Pitch Effects and you suck then you will suck in three-part harmony.  This is the way I have used it as I'm deeply suspicious of AutoTune since it is probably something from the Land of Mordor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

was not able toplay it--got that CRIPES! message--ML

Unknown said...

Whoops. Must get this fixed!

Unknown said...

Rats ... I tried both links from this end and the worked. Maybe the problem was some temporary Internet weird.

Unknown said...

I looked at it again and discovered why there was a problem so it's fixed now. I hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinging its a problem on this end--N"s security--not allowing plug-ins..."paranoia..dah dah..into your life it will creep...dah dah" ML