Friday, June 19, 2015

One More About Gabriel's Horn

Gabriel's riff in the video is Bb Ab G F / G Ab G F.  It's ridiculously simple but I find it compelling.  That's all very well for Gabriel in a brief and baleful solo but what else can you do with it.

Any damn thing you want.  Then come down hard on Fm and it's time for some rock ... or not ... as Maestro Leonard tells us, there is 'an infinite variety of music.'

In playing with the riff with the Galaxy Guitar, it gets all Ludwig van as you can get Fifth Symphony with it by bending it sideways, turning it upside-down, bouncing it off a wall, or whatever you like.

One thing I know for sure is "The End of the World in Fort Worth" is not for speedball guitar as what point is there in playing to impress anyone when all will be fookin' dead in a relatively-short time.  This has to come maybe like Santana in "Samba Pa Ti" so what happens when Carlos meets Ludwig van is anyone's guess but I sure am curious to discover.  No way I can be that cool but I'll give it a go and the regulars have seen how much I've been wanting the chance to do that.

There's nothing disrespectful to Fort Worth in the song.  It's not my intention anyway but there is often more than one Texan here and I'm sure they would cheerfully rope my goat if I were to do something cheap with it.


It is much, much better to have these thoughts bouncing around my head than something about rascal computers.  Stress level behind all this has been in some outer orbit but things are finally settling back.  A bit of good sleep and I'll start believing I can get on with things and it's really not a problem to run lots of applications at the same time.


Peace comes at last.

No comments: