Wednesday, June 24, 2015

End of the World in Fort Worth or End of the Universe

There was another tangle with the song yesterday only this time it's not the Galaxy Guitar answering Gabriel's horn but rather the synth.  There are no drums until I start making a loop so the voice can sound plaintive.  What made it unusual was using a Power Chord voice by Korg and using that on the lowest F0 is so deep you can practically count the waves going past.

In kicking up a loop, the drums came in behind two notes in unison, two octaves apart, at the bottom of the keyboard.  That unison got somewhat prog rock-ish and with huge power.  The original riff from Gabriel works fine over the top of it when it's time to do it.  The sound is subtle like a Big Mac, tho.  It's a million calories of high-cholesterol in yer face.

But I was liking it and you damn sinners like a Big Mac once in a while too.  That leads us to today's Deep Thought ... would Jesus eat a Big Mac?

But I digress ...

(Ed:  keep asking questions like that and your Universe is going to burn up real quick)

There's good evidence it burned up already but it does somehow, miraculously, remain loud.


A friend of serious religious commitment has speculated God has not fried me with lightning because he finds it funny to watch what lunatic thing I will find to mess myself up the next time.  This must mean I have achieved spiritual Nirvana and I've become God's Jerry Lewis.  That must mean there's a Dino out there somewhere so save yerself, buddy.  You know that lightning is coming.


What if Ludwig van played this instrument.  Two things have brought tears to the eyes of one of my brothers:  the death of Ayrton Senna and the concert by Humble Pie at Music Hall in Cincinnati which got rock music banned from that esteemed location for about twenty years.  Through tears of happiness, he recalls amplifiers stacked to the ceiling and the whole place shaking so much it seemed the entire thing would come down.

But ...

Ludwig van with a modern synthesizer is my pick for bringing the walls down by himself.  To get deep as with a synth, you would need a live bassoon section the size of a football field.  Now he can have that by pushing a button.

Or, more accurately, I can.

(Ed:  I already mentioned this and I hate to do it again but there is still that ridiculously tiny little problem)

That I'm not Ludwig van?

(Ed:  that's the one)

Well, you know ... that leads us to today's Second Deep Thought:  do mice dream?

No comments: