Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Orange is the New Black ... and the Old "L" Word

CNN runs cheesy batcrap headlines because yokels will look at them ... specifically yokels such as myself.  From that pointless exercise, I did learn one thing:  it's possible to be even more of a yokel than someone who reads such yokel headlines.  Yep, it's possible to injure yourself in a sex scene ... but not by having sex ... by sticking yourself ... (drum roll) ... with your name tag.  (CNN:  'Orange Is the New Black's' Taylor Schilling injured during sex scene)

Previously my only knowledge of the show was it turns up too much on the news and therefore people regard it as some kind of fashion but anything that common cannot possibly be fashionable so I never pursued it.

However, the yokel headline baited this yokel and I had to discover how it's possible to be so clumsy as to hurt yourself having sex.  Reading that item revealed how the show got to the top:  they copied "The L Word" to a jail and got a whole lot more L's.   Now people can watch them all have sex and I assume they do it generally with more success than Ms Schilling.

The evolutionary beat goes on ... not so much for humanity but I'm sure it beats on somewhere.


(Ed: tell me you don't like girl sex!)

Since I'm not a girl, I can tell you emphatically I have no idea if I like girl sex.

(Ed: tell me you don't like watching girl sex!)

See, precision is the answer.  Yes, I do like watching girl sex and "The L Word" was a sexy and sensual show but it was also provocative in more ways than that.  Perhaps "Orange is the New Black" has more to offer than girl kisses but I confess I'm not interested enough to discover if that's true.


I haven't even caught up on Season 8 of "The Big Bang Theory" and, frankly, I don't know if I will after the heartbreak of the passing of Mrs Wolowitz.  In English that means she died but she really did and much too young.  The cast gave her a lovely send-off in the show but I didn't watch another one after that.

No comments: