Tuesday, June 16, 2015

BBC "World Have Your Say" w/Alan from New York (audio)

The most extraordinary contact came through on Twitter and I was surprised to discover it was real that the BBC was interested in whether I would consent to an interview on-air regarding the state of American politics.  I was a bit nervous about it but, sure, let's give this a go.

The result is online now as today's podcast of the show:  The Pope and Climate Change (audio podcast)

The final segment regarding American politics comes in the last ten minutes of the show and two gentlemen were on it with me.  They were young men but politically astute and this was encouraging to me as I've seen such a lackadaisical or dogmatic view of things from so many.

Note:  I would have said two 'other' gentlemen but using that term regarding myself is just a wee bit ambitious.

Mark Wolters has commented more than once on the worldliness of Europeans and this is another example of that as they know considerably more about America than many Americans know about Europe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, saw and heard it...so did the wet dog..her view was "dogmatic" as she ran about the room with a wet towel! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for listening to it and I do hope both of you are now dry as at least one of you will be in danger of a cold. I thought I better not mention a wet, naked lady too much or these old codgers around here will get overly excited and be in danger of injuring themselves.

Cadillac Man said...

Listed and was very impressed. Good discussion and you made excellent points.

Unknown said...

I do appreciate your listening and also your reaction to what came of it. The experience was one of the most unusual ever for me as being on-stage for music doesn't scare me at all but this was not at all the same thing and was surprisingly fulfilling in a different way. I look forward soon, as in quick soon, to be able to talk for real because this is coming to you from the iMac. I don't want to jinx it by making predictions but it's looking sweet so far. Uh!