Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Ideologues, Bird Dogs, and Ain't It a Shame

There's a pair of exceptionally-confused ideologues who get some twisted kick out of bird-dogging the blog and it amuses me no end the material they revile with such sophomoric passion is exactly that which went out over the BBC this morning.

Examples:

I agree (regarding dynasties in American politics) because they're the ones with the money.  Without money you have no chance in American politics.  Most of the members of Congress are millionaires and have no more relationship to the American people than a poodle to a rabbit.

(This next really wasn't germane but it was regarding a previous discussion regarding 'illegals' in Europe)

Also, if I may, I'm in Texas and a popular slogan in America has been 'Remember the Alamo' but what they leave out of that story is that the Alamo was not in America but rather in Mexico.  It was through the immigration of all the Americans into that region that forced the fight at the Alamo and they took it.  Texas was not originally part of America at all.



I also was excited to see Barack Obama running but what I've observed is that very little of what he said he would do actually happened and a large part of this, I believe, is due to the immense influence of money through the Political Action Committees and Super Political Action Committees which are almost unregulated and they speculate they will spend ten billion dollars on this election.

The question it seems to me should be important to a lot of people should be why would anyone spend that much money for this office.  What does it bestow on anyone that has that much value.  And the secondary effect of the enormous amount of money in these PACs is that the individual American has almost no effect whatsoever.

Q:  Will a bill to regulate dynastic control have any effect?

Not for a moment.  I don't think it will make any difference.  Whether they elect Clinton or Bush makes no difference whatsoever because they're all perfect at saying whatever needs to be said during the course of the election and then what comes after that really doesn't have much relationship to it.

Q.  Alan it sounds like you're not so much disaffected by the names but rather the whole monied structure of US politics

The party system has largely disintegrated as a result of the money.  The difference in platform between Democrat and Republican is negligible when you've had Barack Obama throwing drone bombs around the world like it's a party favor.  I've never seen anything like this in my life and it's nothing I would ever expect from a Democrat.

You may wish to check out the entire interview as the other participants, from my perspective, were kids (i.e. 18 and 22) but I was surprised and encouraged by their knowledge and acumen in this context.  BBC:  The Pope and Climate Change (the segment on American politics comes in the last ten minutes)


If anyone has a problem with anything I said, please do feel free to take it up when your turn comes on BBC "World Have Your Say" on Twitter at BBC_WHYS.

The ideologues enjoy their anger and trying to shout me down.  Perhaps that tickles their gonads but I confess it doesn't do much for mine.  There was no shouting in this nor profanity either, for that matter, and you can make your own guess as to how many people heard it.  (I don't swear because I'm unable to express myself any other way, I just like the succinct expression in it.)

Have a groovy political day, li'l ideological cherubs.


Sure, I'm buzzed on it as this was entirely serendipity and that's the finest buzz of all.

No comments: