Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Whacko!" Said He with a Dramatic Flourish

My ol' Dad said 'Whacko' whenever something really good happened and the current situation goes beyond really good to really fucking cool (say it like a Deutscher as they have so much fun with the expression).

Australians say 'Whacko' a lot or they did at one time ... but my ol' Dad was not Australian.

Final Cut 10.2 did a splendid job of going through "The End of the World in Fort Worth" and now my interest is back to where it is supposed to be:  there's an eight-note riff from Gabriel's horn and the question is whether to carry that riff through to the song to which all this leads.  I like it that I don't know as that's what makes it interesting for me.

All the music is back as this time I somehow managed to do it without duplicating everything in the iTunes Media folder.  The surprise is that I've managed to do it just about every time previously.  The same applies with all the pictures and I still can't say I care for Photos too much but all of my stuff is in there.

The biggest concern is to get Skype going again so I can finally talk to Cat again but this part has got to stay silent as I already made one mistake and it will take some while to get a couple of thousand G+ birthdays out of my calendar and the same with Google mail as, for my purposes, Yahoo is for email that has no value to anyone in the Universe (i.e. most of it), Google mail is the stuff which has low value and I'll look at it if I ever get around to it, and the Mail application on the iMac is the only one I read ... when I read it at all.

It's a hassle to clean up the mess of the mail / calendar aspects but, overall, everything is going forward much faster than I had hoped.  At 4am, there was nothing on the iMac but a base installation of Mavericks.  Nothing was migrated and is instead being re-installed to ensure the system remains immaculate.

The next part is more time-consuming in installing software which was not bought from Apple's App Store as that means find the registration code.  See above about email as those registrations are in there but now there's a mountain of Gmail spam on top of it.

The above isn't a whine but a back-handed apology for the time this is taking but still I'm pleased it has gone as well as it has at this stage.  The system hasn't stayed up this long in over two months, the sun is shining on Fort Worth in brilliant manner, and any flea within a klick of here is deader than Bobby Jindal's Presidential aspirations.

No comments: