Thursday, June 18, 2015

All Sympathy for the Congregation of Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church

There is no hidden sarcasm in this as it breaks my heart to see the most harmless people anyone could possibly find (i.e. they get together in the church basement for a prayer group) falling victims to indiscriminate murder.

There is also no need for me to insult you with an editorial as the number and content of them yet to come from this are predictable.  For my own part, I'll try to think of what John Lennon may have said were he here to tell us.

I also need to sort whether I feel sorry for them or whether I feel sorry for myself as I know a good many people wouldn't mind doing the same thing to me and I've been reminded of it multiple times.  Sorting that is my job to do but the one in front of all of us is to make this stop.

(If that's regarded as an editorial, I apologize sincerely.  It's that they were so absolutely harmless that breaks my heart.)

No comments: