Thursday, June 18, 2015

Gabriel Rocks Up Just Fine

"The End of the World in Fort Worth" video has an eight-note riff starting on Bb and going to F.  In the trumpet with Gabriel doing it, the sound is baleful and mournful.  That's what I want for the context at that time but it's not the entirety.

The Galaxy Guitar wanted to offer something on it and I was surprised how well she rocked right into it.  The song coming from the riff is in the same Fm key, even though it starts on Bb, and I'm thinking it has to have lyrics but that isn't final.  The guitar will start out baleful but it definitely will not stay that way.  The riff comes back over the chords and it's strongly in my head in doing it do NOT go for speedball stuff, play it so it says something.

Life is coming back to the music and, man, it's been a long, long time.

This one is going to go down as one of my strangest weeks ever but, whew, what a ride.  Much, much better.


There was some unusual today and this one I can't reveal even privately as it's a sister confidence (not by blood) but this one is rolling on the floor laughing so hard you have to hold your stomach because it will hurt if you don't.

No comments: