Friday, June 19, 2015

Total Vindication for Yosemite 10.10.3 - Special Thanks to Chuck Baker of #Apple

The deal with myself has been that I would make the call to Chuck Baker, AppleCare Senior Advisor, to close the problem with 'Black Screen Crashes under Yosemite 10.10.3' after the system made it uneventfully through to seven a.m. this morning.

Replacement of the power supply I'm now satisfied is full resolution of the problem.  This also means there was no fail from PowerMax, originally recommended by the Mystery Lady for their prices, as the power supply failure did not begin until well after I took delivery of the iMac.  It's surprising one would fail so soon on a relatively-new machine but Apple paid for the replacement even though the original warranty has expired.

As mentioned yesterday, I attribute this two-month nightmare to nothing more than incredibly bad luck due to the combination of events and the wildly-erratic way the power supply failed.


Support from AppleCare and led by Chuck Baker was superlative as he was highly-professional and also highly-attentive throughout.  He conducted himself to the highest standards of systems programming and, after my own experience with IBM systems programming for thirty years, I'm quite sure I know what good systems programming means.


It's worth reiterating that I see no fail anywhere as there isn't any part of the process which could have proceeded any other way to a successful result through anything short of divine intervention.


Unfortunately, it's also only divine intervention which could go back through all the articles I have written during this pitiful saga so they can be updated to show the problem is solved and what solved it.


Thanks again to anyone who helped with this in any way including being patient with me while the problem was being corrected.  It's been incredibly wearing for everyone and rather than wear anyone further I won't go back through what was so wearing about it.


It would be much better if this came from the stage and you could hear it as I usually end a show:  Much love to you all!

No comments: