Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Alan from New York is Famous

Yesterday it became the ongoing joke: Alan!  You're famous now!

My response to that has been the same each time:  screw fame, buy the fookin' CD!

Note:  I'm not in New York but I'm sure an Alan in New York is enjoying his new fame.  (It seems I'm a shrink.  Now I know I'm crazy.)


Alex Collins is the one who contacted me and he did offer to use either Alan or Silas.  It was a mistake not to request Silas as that would have been funny without ever even trying to crack a joke.


The problems in England are much the same as in America in exporting of jobs, ridiculous military expenses, and the same favoring of the rich.  It shouldn't be so much longer before living in London is so expensive that only the Royal Family can afford it.

Note:  by 'ridiculous military expense,' I mean preparing for a war in which, if engaged, everybody dies.  What kind of lunacy leads anyone to believe a few nuclear submarines will defend England against anything at all.

But being poor in one place is much the same as being poor anywhere else with the only variable being whether it's at least a halfway cool place to be poor.

England has a personal advantage in that I can mooch from the state and that plays out to somewhere to live, some type of government stipend, medical cover, etc.  None of that can approach the Rockhouse as it's big and here's the beauty part:  Yevette holds the deed to it.  Nevertheless, it establishes a base or, as the media loves to bandy at us, a command and control center.

Side-note:  I can hear Yevette listening to "Riding the Storm Out" on her computer and I'm not in any fear of a storm but, should one come, where's the coolest place to be.

A general advantage is musical coolness.  That, surprisingly, still exists in some places in America but the ones I know are too distant to reach.  In England, lefty Unplugged and his musical clan are only a few kilometers (i.e. at worst a couple of hundred or so) away.  Music in the Liverpool area is as live as it ever was.  Alazarin Mondrian is in London and how he manages it is unknown as I know he's not a wealthy man.  Nevertheless, from somewhere in central England, a whole lot of music is easily accessible.

My own preference is to stay outside cities because they're smelly, dangerous, annoying, blah, blah.

(Ed:  tell me that after going past a horse pasture)

It will do you no harm.  Besides, think how much better the horse feels now.


The concern on the danger of cities was amplified substantially by the Junkie of Edinburgh as his claim was they don't just steal things, they steal them and burn them for pure meanness.  On balance, he was the image of 'batshit crazy' so it's tough to tell how much to take seriously, if anything.  lefty Unplugged is every bit the English gentleman and proof of that was wearing pink leathers for motorcycle racing as who else would have the balls for that.  He also was concerned about theft but not at all at the hysterical level of what I was told in Edinburgh.

There were warnings in Utrecht, also not hysterical, about junkies stealing bicycles.  That may seem trivial to Americans but bicycles are a major form of transportation there.

More to come as eventually I will be able to get Skype going without needing to wire this place like it's the Wild West.  It was ridiculous what I did this morning and I won't bother you with the description but it makes the computer useless for anything else.

This is still in the Promises, Promises category but Apple said three to five and this is number two.  It's conceivable it will be back on Thursday.  I've got to believe it will work as these last months have worn me way down and that's a large part of the thrust to get to Europe as I see it as health whereas this definitely is not.  There won't be any details on that until I can talk for real with the ones who will or would like to be involved with this.

So ... more to come.

No comments: