Saturday, May 27, 2017

"Get Ready" | Rare Earth | Most Blatant Sex Song of the Era




Remember the obligatory drum solos and that was partly because they knew that would never get played on the AM radio bands but Jelly Pudding / WEBN 102.7 would roll it.

The Rockhouse isn't trying to educate Millennials since we're becoming more convinced the Earth flew through giant belt of cosmic gamma rays which left them thinking about sex and not much else.  In science circles, that was later identified as the Bonobo Belt.

However, the Medium Boomers seem to have lost all track since there was an article in GQ writing of the merits of cuckolding, hotwifing, and and hot something or other else.  It noted you need a strong relationship to handle it but ... here's a tip, young brothers ... when you're playin' that trip, you ain't got no relationship.

The Rockhouse prediction for such relationships is a half-life of thirty minutes or less.

Ed:  until the next orgasm?

Roger that


The Original Boomer approach was to screw anyone who was willin' and there was zero interest in marriage since wow, man, that is so Establishment so ... Get Ready.


Never met a girl who makes me feel the way that you do
(You're alright)
Whenever I'm asked what makes my dreams real
I tell 'em you do
(You're outta sight)

Well twiddle-dee-dee twiddle dee dum
Look out baby 'cause here I come

I'm bringing you a love that's true
Get ready, get ready
Start makin' love to you
Get ready, get ready (don't you know I'm comin')
Get ready, 'cause here I come (on my way)
Get ready, 'cause here I come

You wanna' play hide and seek with love, let me remind you
You're alright
Lovin' you're gonna' miss, and the time it takes to find you
You're outta' sight
Well fee fi, fo fo fum
Look out baby, now here I come

I'm bringing you a love that's true
Get ready, get ready
Start makin' love to you
Get ready, get ready (don't you know I'm comin')
Get ready, 'cause here I come (on my way)
Get ready, 'cause here I come

Baby all my freedoms should you want me to I think I'll understand
You're alright
Hope I get to you before they do, 'cause that's how I planned it
You're outta sight
Well twiddley dee, twiddley dum
Look out baby now here I come

I'm bringing you a love that's true
Get ready, get ready
Start makin' love to you
Get ready, get ready (don't you know I'm comin')
Get ready, 'cause here I come (on my way)
Get ready, 'cause here I come

- Smokey Robinson and William Robinson, Jr

No comments: