Wednesday, May 31, 2017

"And Then I Met Henrietta" #Poetry

Perhaps you know of Harvey
as he could be a man's best friend
but I didn't know he has a sister
and Henrietta is here today

so now I find she loves me
and she always wants to play
You probably cannot see her;
she won't reveal if you don't believe

She sits upon my chest
and makes a purring rabbit sound
so I can't make a move;
she stands six feet off the ground

She's the biggest fucking rabbit
you'll see in your damn life
but too bad you can't see this one
as she wants to be my wife

There is a longer story
and I would love to tell the rest
but I just can't stop this bloody rabbit
from sitting on my chest

- Colonel Abuthnot Jones

Sallah:  Indy, you were named after a dog?

Indiana Jones:  I liked that dog


Note:  there's an obvious association to familial situations but that isn't what it means.

No comments: