Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Needing a Name for the Poet Avatar which Doesn't Suck

"Waiting on a Peace Train" copped about fifty reads and that was surprising to me.  I don't think that translated to anyone playing the video but they usually don't which makes kind of a puzzlement for me since why would they read an article which is obviously about music and then not listen to it.

But that article also included another poem so I asked Watson and he confirmed that must be it.

So the poet needs a name rather than skulking about as Some Asshole.  False humility is unbecoming on anyone and of course I have humility before the Masters but I think I may be able to shake out a few licks of my own which aren't so terribly bad.  So I need a name ... which isn't my name.


My family name has changed now
for King, Country, God, and War
and my epitaph won't be associated
with anything on that score
so I'll disappear without a trace
leave naught behind is what I learned
but that came from those wiser than my family
and many years before

They foretell death in an epitaph
but we write them all our lives
and one's task in this life
is to leave the best of scribes
when nothing came from life but killing
with gleeful bankers keeping score
there'll be nothing on that epitaph
but a plague forevermore

It's our job before the children
to give them peace if nothing else
and tell them all the while
live life as yourself
without fear of threats from anyone
to get savage and fight and kill
doing all the things you would never do
but their lunacy goes until

every single one of us 
is bleeding from their tills
as the bankers laugh to Heaven
for the blessing of that thrill
when nothing brings it closer
to feel that Bethlehem love

- Achmed Feinstein


Note:  I'm aware of those who send bombs to Bethlehem and I have no fault with the Christians and Jews who would never do such a thing.  For the others, nothing.

Ed:  that's still a shitty Poet Avatar name

It was deliberate in combining seemingly Arabic and Jewish names.  I'm still an Avatar in search of a name.

No comments: