Wednesday, February 17, 2016

It Don't Matter Anyhow

The Cadillac Man and I talked for some while about a great many things last night and my music was one of them.  There's some great irony as he said what's appealing to him is how much my humanity is in it and this comes at the same time I'm advised elsewhere I have no humanity at all.  The latter only means I have done a poor job of communicating it and therefore performance probably isn't such a good idea.

Meanwhile, there has been improvement in my hand.  It's extremely difficult to isolate what causes it but this has got to be ergonomic.

The green screen has not been ordered because, well, I'm sick to fucking death of living like this.

It was touching to hear Cadillac Man mention any humanity as I know what I feel and hope but that doesn't even come close to what people decide for themselves is true in what I do.  Therefore, the question coming from that is what to do about it and continuing in what I have been doing is a poor answer when they don't get it.


The objective has always been to be able to play like the musicians Lotho and not quite so often Cadillac Man and I would be hearing when we were running off to concerts all the time.  That kind of play is largely achieved but, like Pablo Casals said, if I keep practicing then I just might get it.  That type of play is long gone from the popster set but they're long gone from the planet and I'm orbiting out the Oort Cloud somewhere.

Many times people have said my music should be something else and all have one thing in common:  they were dead wrong.


The people who come to the blog are usually compulsive makers and Cadillac Man doesn't feel he's making anything or it's less than this or that but the making is that you do it.  Lotho doesn't think it's creative to make houses but, you know him, he's just not a pre-fab kind of guy.

Y'all don't seem to realize how much that separates you from others because most people don't.  For whatever reason, some people are born to burn and will you try to stop yourself from being curious about things.  Let's take that idea around the track a few times and see how well it runs.

In fact, take a look at Facebook and read down the newsfeed.  You may find this or that but you will find almost no imagination.  Likely ninety percent of the traffic I see on FB is people copying memes back and forth often without a shred of inductive reasoning behind them.


In sixty-five years, that's what I learned:  we really like making stuff.  I don't know if that's what drew us all together but it sure seems that way on this end of the pipe.  Yep, we like making stuff.  That doesn't go anywhere toward what to do with the stuff but it doesn't stop us from making it.

Can you dig it, Face?

10 comments:

Cadillac Man said...

As always great to hear from you. What you say, what you write and what you play are all the same. It is you. There is nothing fake about it. Keep on playing! UH!

Unknown said...

Extremely strange world as I made all that visible but that creates expectations even if it's not my purpose as I hope people like it. Trying to keep something happening here. Uh!

Anonymous said...

I will underwrite the green screen

Anonymous said...

Have to do it fri. Running to Nawlins for gumbo and hurricanes

Unknown said...

On the first part, thank you. On the second party, you and your eldest sister gad about the planet with the same great relish. She was in the Philippines a couple of weeks ago and now she's hanging out in Basel for Fasnacht.

Anonymous said...

She is by far the traveller in the family. Has a knack for going to the very cool places.
Delta has been vert good to her.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure she has 6 continents so far.
She needs filler pages for her passport

Unknown said...

Sticking with Delta like that worked out so well for her. She uploaded an excellent picture yesterday which may be the happiest I have ever seen her. I will try to download that.

Anonymous said...

Keep on creating..its just a part --a big one- of who you are! Love, ML

Unknown said...

It's weird how in some ways it gets easier but in others it gets harder. Once you learn programming, it's learned and that's it but music you keep making it harder for yourself. I love that but it's still completely insane!