Friday, July 7, 2017

The Old School Spliff and the Remarkable Cannabis Dilation Effect

The Old School Spliff was the topic of a video here not so long back and it was newsworthy in the Rockhouse context because the Old School doesn't roll spliffs; the Old School never rolled spliffs.  If you had suggested augmenting a joint with tobacco in the Sixties, you might have been deemed the Worst of All People, a Nark.

There were many things one did not want to be in the 60s; for example no-one wanted to be a Goldwater supporter (e.g. Hillary Clinton), a KKK pigdog (Dixiecrats), or, the absolute dregs, the Narks.  Now there are Narks all over the fucking place and they sing the blessings of Jesus so sorry about your luck on that one, junior freaks, but do send a thank you note to Uncle Barry for sending them armored vehicles and military weapon systems.  If ever there has been a King of the Narks, Uncle Barry was the one.


Lately I've shifted entirely to spliffs since they present much less lung impact than smoking a pipe, particularly one of the shortie pipes which is the recreational equivalent of subjecting your lungs to a blast furnace.  Don't do that, li'l ganja monkeys, because it will fuck your lungs right up. - One Who Knows

The observation of the Remarkable Cannabis Dilation Effect came yesterday when I noticed, whoa, there's quite a bit of that cannabis remaining and it's less than a week until payday.  In fact it looks like about half an O.Z. and often it's questionable whether a sack of reefer will go the distance from one month to the next.

It seems there's been a substantial reduction in consumption apparently from a switch to smoking spliffs instead.  My guess would have been I have smoked more since the spliff is much less impactful to my lungs and, thus, there is much less coughing so there's only one answer, right.  Of course, there is ... smoke more spliffs.  That did happen but the ganja consumption seems to have gone down.  So there's today's riddle in recreational relaxants.

Note:  that doesn't reflect an increased consumption of tobacco since that gets consumed anyway.


There's a whole lot of reality flying about the Rockhouse which may be belied to some extent by my predilection for the ganja but the fact remains.

I will let the fear flow through me.

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

- "Litany Against Fear" from the Bene Gesserit (ref:  "Dune" by Frank Herbert)

Ed:  so now you're the Kwisatz Haderach?

I'm not quite that stoned although that would be a cool persona to adopt but we saw there were consequences from the ability to be all places at once.  (ref:  "Dune")


Dismiss that as stoner sci fi as you will but it's a key part of dealing with pain since that and fear are largely the same thing.  The Litany is exactly the thing I do on sleeping and the last time it was invoked was around eight p.m. last evening.

You know in your own experience how that works since you can reduce your pain if you can bring your concentration to something else, maybe like thinking about the beach while you're in the dentist's chair ... same thing.


I told my ol' Mother when I was a lad that I thought death must be like falling asleep.  She said she thought that was horrible and maybe it is but I'm now significantly older than she was then and the perception has not much changed.  The focus is much more on a manic need to produce at every possible moment prior to that time and the obvious result is too many articles in Ithaka.

That's likely to be disrupted to some extent by current events which are not looking entirely too good.  There's no need for the ML EL at this time but it's always accessible and I do ensure it's charged.

My biggest fear isn't dying but rather the probability they will drug me into somnolence and then I'll just be a cabbage until someone pulls the plug on it.

Ed:  death is being non-productive?

Of course, mate (larfs).

I got more of that Protestant work ethic than anyone around and I'm a damn heathen.  That cracks me up no end.

Ed:  it also keeps you alive

That it does mate; it gives me a reason.

No comments: